Two Watercolour Paintings by Andrew Edward Parkman (1852 - c. 1930) of the Library at Canynge House, Redcliffe Street, after the Great Fire
Canynge House, Bristol, was built in the mid-1400s by William Canynges, a prosperous merchant who, following the death of his beloved wife, renounced the commercial world to become a priest, inspiring Thomas Chatterton’s poem "The Storie of William Canynge". In the nineteenth century it was occupied by the printers and booksellers C.T. Jefferies & Sons, and fell prey to a disastrous fire in October 1881.
29.5 x 24.2 and 30.3 x 24.7cm.
Interested in this Work of Art?
Talk to a specialist about this and other fine works of art and rare antiquarian objects.